Baby Skin Care
Your baby’s skin is sensitive, so it’s important to keep your baby’s skincare routine simple and soothing. The best thing you can do is select pure, certified organic baby skincare products to provide natural relief and keep unwanted chemicals out of your home.
Waxelene’s original Multi-Purpose Ointment is petroleum-free and hypoallergenic. Made with organic soy oil and beeswax and enriched with Vitamin E and rosemary, our moisturizing balm is ideal for treating common baby skincare conditions such as eczema, diaper rash, and cradle cap. Waxelene’s patented aerated texture means it’s gentle enough to use as an everyday baby face and body moisturizer. For extra relief with the benefits of aromatherapy, try our Calming Ointment with organic lavender to naturally soothe tired skin.
Not sure what product is right for your baby’s skincare routine? Visit our FAQs or contact us to find out more about our range of organic baby skincare products.
Showing all 8 results
Multi-Purpose Ointment – Value Pack
Baby Care Pack
Calming Ointment – 6 Piece
Multi-Purpose Ointment – Travel Jar (3oz)
Multi-Purpose Ointment – Large Jar (9oz)
Multi-Purpose Ointment – Travel Tube (2oz)
Multi-Purpose Ointment – Large Tube (5oz)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is skin care for babies so important?
A newborn baby’s skin is fragile and needs to be treated with extra care to stay supple and retain its natural oils. Moisturising your baby’s skin regularly not only helps to seal in moisture and maintains the skin’s barrier against bacteria and allergens, but it sets a strong baseline for your child’s immune system to build on as they grow.
In addition, moisturizing massage as a part of your baby’s sleep or bath routine can help to relieve tension and calm your little one whilst providing essential skin-to-skin bonding time.
Simply using the best organic baby skin care products with no added chemicals can make all the difference to your baby’s comfort and your peace of mind.
What sort of skin issues are common for babies?
Irritating skin conditions such as cradle cap, diaper rash, baby acne, eczema and psoriasis are common among babies. Usually, most of these are simple to treat at home with a dedicated baby skincare routine.
- Most babies will experience diaper rash at some point, which can be very frustrating for both you and your baby. Soothing barrier creams are ideal for preventing and treating diaper rash – Waxelene’s Calming Ointment contains lavender for additional relief.
- Eczema, rashes and baby acne can flare up with stress or environmental triggers. The key to treating these is to ensure that the skin can breathe easily while it’s healing. Waxelene’s Multi-Purpose Ointment is aerated for a silky smooth application on sore skin and helps to soothe itching.
- Baby skin conditions such as cradle cap and psoriasis can be unsightly and uncomfortable, so it’s important to keep the affected skin hydrated to assist with absorbing medications and prevent flaking.
- Visit our Complete Guide to Baby Skin Issues to find out more or speak to a medical professional if you’re uncertain about how best to treat a baby’s skin care condition.
How can I take care of my baby’s skin?
The best thing you can do to keep your baby’s skin clean, soft and healthy is to maintain a regular, natural baby skincare routine.
- Use lukewarm water when bathing your baby, and a small amount of fragrance-free, pH-neutral baby soap. Rinse off all traces of cleanser and pat your baby’s skin dry with a soft towel. Follow up with an organic moisturizer to lock in the skin’s natural oils. Specialists recommend moisturising your baby’s skin – from top to toe – at least once every day.
- Change your baby’s dirty diaper as soon as possible, as built-up wetness and chafing can lead to diaper rash. Use Waxelene’s Multi-Purpose Ointment to create a protective barrier on diaper areas that allows your baby’s skin to breathe, whilst nourishing the skin with organic beeswax and soy oil.
- Sun protection should always be used outdoors! Along with physical skin protection such as hats and long sleeves, Waxelene Multi-Purpose Ointment can be used over natural sunscreens to provide longevity and water resistance.
What can I moisturise my baby’s face with?
When buying a moisturizer for your baby’s face, look for organic baby skin care products that are free of harsh chemicals such as parabens, sulphates and phthalates. It’s also important to use a product that is non-comedogenic – that is, it won’t clog pores the way some traditional moisturizers and petroleum jellies do.
We recommend the Waxelene Multi-Purpose Ointment for baby face skin care. Our aerated beeswax-based formula is organic and hypoallergenic and can be used as a moisturizer or applied to cuts and scrapes. The natural, body-safe oils will continue to soak in over time – so a little goes a long way.